[KDE/Mac] KDE recent issues

Dimitris Diochnos diochnos at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:47:27 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Just to add to the conversation on recent KDE issues. I have noticed
strange behavior with Kile as well. About 7 months ago I had raised this
issue: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45373 which was fixed. However,
recently, there are cases, such as (i) when I resize the window, or (ii) I
minimize the window and then bring it back in front of me, and then the
window becomes completely gray. Usually, this issue is fixed and the window
is re-drawn if I attempt to further resize the window after minimizing and
un-minimizing the window. Some other times though I think this approach is
not working, so I have to restart Kile.

Actually I just tested the following:
1. Start Kile (port kde4-kile: version 2.1.3, using KDE Development
Platform 4.14.3) as a regular windowed application
2. Minimize Kile
3. Restore Kile and voila everything is gray
4. Attempt to resize the window and everything seems normal again.

(One may have to repeat steps 2 and 3 two times.)

I am running Yosemite 10.10.3.

Dimitris