Problems with kdepim4

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:53:08 PDT 2015

On Monday May 25 2015 18:27:24 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:

> have to set a password and then change it to a blank one. But as soon as I
> installed the +osxkeychain variant and restarted akonadi it asked me to setup
> a password for the keychain, I choose "letmein" and now every time I login it
> ask me for it

This is probably inevitable, unless you let KDE use your default ("login") keychain which gets unlocked when you log in (unless you configured it otherwise).

> Now I'm looking for the keychain on the Keychain Access utility
> and I can't find it. So I installed the kwallet package (kwalletd is part of
> some other package) and on kwalletmanager I see that it's using the "login"

Since you have kwalletmanager installed: in the Preferences of that application (kwalletmanager/Preferences or Settings/Configure Wallet) you'll find the option to define which keychain to use through a dropdown menu, and a button to create a new wallet. The default name is "kdewallet".

It's been a while since I tested this, but I recall that there was a bug somewhere: newly created keychains do not (always) show up in the Keychain Access Utility in OS X 10.9 and probably newer versions too. That's not a bug in KDE, the Keychain API hasn't changed since OS X 10.6 (where everything worked fine). I think that you have to use the "Add Keychain..." command (in Keychain Access's File menu). This will open a file dialog that should show you the contents of ~/Library/Keychains, in which you'll find the wallet keychain you created. After you do that, you can configure the keychain like any other.

R.