Problems with kdepim4

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:54:39 PDT 2015

On Monday May 25 2015 22:14:04 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
                                          ^^^^^^
Something wrong with a clock somewhere: your message was dated 13 minutes before the one I replied to ... and I took my time replying.
Not much of an issue except that I almost missed this one.

>Nice! Thank you. The preferences on kwallet was showing the login wallet as
>the default. I followed your advice to add the keychain to the Keychain Access

Yes, sadly it has no way of knowing that your keychain/wallet exists until you add it through Keychain Access, even if you created that keychain through KDE.
I noticed yesterday that there is a keychain or 2 in the Keychain folder that aren't visible in KA. I have a hunch some Apple dev took a shortcut, and implemented what I called a bug as a feature to avoid "confusing" the user with keychains he didn't create showing up in KA.

>utility, then went back to kwalletmanager and changed the default to
>kdewallet, saved it and changed it back to login, then I deleted all KDE
>settings folders on my home directory and setup all the kdepim apps again and
>now everything is good.

Good to know. You probably went at it a little bit too exhaustively. You probably could have moved any entries created through KDE from the login to the kdewallet keychain (they should be easy enough to identify). But the important thing is that things work now.

R.