Opening X applications from terminal.app

Fernando Rodriguez frodriguez.developer at outlook.com
Wed May 27 14:42:10 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 05:33:56 PM Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Now, if I go into the X11 Menu, then open an Xterm from it, then from the
> Xterm I try the same, I get:
>
>    ~]$ xmgrace
>
>    Oops! Got SIGSYS
>
>    Please use "Help/Comments" to report the bug.
>    Abort trap: 6
>
> And the application opens for only a couple of seconds then closes again.
>
> Can someone help me solve this issue? Some more data:

See if this help with me xmgrace issue: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45582
(comment 3).

My X server from macports was also not auto-starting, I fixed by installing the
XQuartz pkg (through the link on the utilities folder). I reinstalled xorg-
server afterwards and it still starts. I'd like to know how to switch between
them... They seem to be the same version but I'm pretty sure the one from
macports is auto-starting cause I can open another instance of the one in
/Applications/Utilities but not through startx.