Opening X applications from terminal.app

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed May 27 20:00:48 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, now I (think) I get it. One more question: What if I want Apple’s
> XQuartz instead? Which would be the appropriate command?

The only way to do that is to reinstall the XQuartz package, since Apple's
Installer stuff isn't very smart. (It doesn't even support uninstall, and
attempts to use the Installer metadata to create uninstallers always run
into problems because there isn't enough information saved to uninstall
things properly.)