zlib acceleration?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:30:57 PDT 2015

On Thursday May 28 2015 00:14:14 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>Instead of trying to add a patch for this to MacPorts, I would rather you work with the developers of zlib on including the changes into zlib itself

When the Phoronix article was written, this was being discussed on the zlib ML and that's about 2 years ago. If no patches were included in that time, and even a 2nd party felt the need to develop their own, I think it'd be a waste of time to try that route.

Not without some additional evidence that the patch works and has an interest without drawbacks, which could come from deploying it through MacPorts for a while.

R.