yosemite and 2008/9 macbookpro compatability, macports install settings for older architecture?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat May 30 15:18:50 PDT 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> You should probably migrate any relevant changes from
> macports.conf.default to macports.conf every time you upgrade MacPorts,
> as described in the Migration instructions, section 2 a.

Well, I've never made any changes (as I said, I don't know my way around
MacPorts yet), so I should be safe in merely renaming them?

And anyway, what then?  Force a massive rebuild somehow, or will it happen
all by itself?

I thought I'd followed the instructions when going to Yosemite (it was the
free upgrade from Snow Leopard), but I guess not...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)