Error installing Cairo/ Pango/ ncurses/ port self updates and so on..

Gazei Ajkl jakob.gargarmehl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 11 11:15:46 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this whole topic. For that reason I’m sorry if there is some unprofessional way of reporting my bug.
I’ve been using GNUplot for my scientific diagrams.
I wanted to install
  sudo port install cairo +no_x11 +quartz +universal
  sudo port install pango +no_x11 +quartz +universal
to use different GNUplot terminals as the big and annoying Error occurred 2 weeks ago.

I’ve read a lot of online documentation and tried several solutions, so far without success, for that reason I’m addressing you.

I think the main Problem is the xterms-sun file, as it occurs in several error messages.
:error:deactivate org.macports.deactivate for port ncurses returned: error deleting "/opt/local/share/terminfo/78/xterms-sun": not owner

It tells me I’m not the owner. I can’t change or delete the file. Even if I run the commands as superuser (sudo). I’ve tried changing the read only restrictions in the file browser, but even if I login as the admin it doesn’t allow me to change the settings.

I’ve tried a lot as the following commands:
- sudo clean port … of several ports which had problems
- sudo port selfupdate
- sudo port upgrade outdated
- reinstalled gfortran-5.2-Yosemite
- uninstalled and reinstalled MacPorts-2.3.4-10.11-ElCapitan
- reinstalled Command_Line_Tools_OS_X_10.10_for_Xcode_7
- reinstalled XQuartz-2.7.8
- reinstalled ncurses-6.0.tar.gz from a file from my HDD

I add some log files as txt files which I think are useful.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

I can’t plot any diagram anymore with GNUplot and I really need the program to run on my computer.
I’ve even tried installing a newer version of GNUplot, but it always shows me problems with the libraries Pango & Cairo.

Best regards

Jakob

Commands and Info you recommend to supply:

Third party software in /usr/local:
mysql
texlive
gfortran

Schlepptop:~ Jakob$ port
MacPorts 2.3.4
Entering interactive mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)

Schlepptop:~ Jakob$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.11.1
BuildVersion:	15B42
Schlepptop:~ Jakob$

Schlepptop:~ Jakob$ uname -a
Darwin Schlepptop.local 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: Sat Sep 19 15:53:46 PDT 2015; root:xnu-3247.10.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

My system:

Xcode version 7.1.1
MacBook Pro mid 2009
2,53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo