Variant conflicts

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Nov 21 04:34:17 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 21 Nov, 2015, at 09:03, Bachsau web at bachsau.name wrote:

> I don't think so. According to my experience with debians package
> system, many such dependencies are just mistakes of the maintainers or
> only cause problems in just one of many usage scenarios ("portions of
> this port"), such like trying to start the whole desktop. This is why
> I'm always somewhat annoyed when a package system tries to impose
> dependencies against the will of an administrator. This is why I just
> asked for an override, so I can try if it is really a problem.

In most of the cases where we explicitly require +x11 in gtk2 or gtk3
the problem is that the software includes an x11-specific header in gtk
that does not exist on a +quartz installation.

This is a problem that should be fixed by the developers of the software,
MacPorts just represents the current state.

That being said, remove the require_active_variants line from the
Portfile to disable the check.

--
Clemens Lang