Can't upgrade libtool, libedit, or install openssh

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 22 00:05:50 PST 2015

> On 21 Nov 2015, at 8:13 p.m., semaphore45 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Just linked the file. I thought zipped files were a big no-no because of virus or malicious software risks.

I said bzip2, or gzip it. 'zip' is more for windows users and yes if I where to have the mis-fortune of using an MS system I would think twice about opening a zip file.

> bzip2 main.log

produces main.log.bz2

running

> bunzip2 main.log.bz2

is perfectly safe. You can check what was created at the command line, before opening it.

Personally, I MUCH prefer this, than clicking on a random web link, which is what you actually sent. How do I know whats behind that link...

Chris