Can't upgrade libtool, libedit, or install openssh

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 22 16:22:16 PST 2015

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 8:55 AM, semaphore45 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I did try to run
>
> sudo port upgrade readline
>
> But after long hours of compiling, it failed, again, when trying to upgrade libgcc.

To clarify: the original problem of upgrading libtool and libedit and installing openssh due to readline being linked to the old ncurses has been resolved by upgrading readline. You are now experiencing a new unrelated problem, with libgcc.

>> Error: org.macports.build for port libgcc returned: command execution failed
>> Please see the log file for port libgcc for details:
>>     /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_distfiles.macports.org_ports_lang_gcc5/libgcc/main.log
>
> The end of the error log shows:
>
>> :info:build make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
>> :info:build make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>> :error:build org.macports.build for port libgcc returned: command execution failed
>> :debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 96327 2
>
> From the Internet, it seems to be a rather generic error that was corrected. As linked here https://trac.macports.org/ticket/25091, should I try again running it with the -d flag to get more details about the failure?

No need: Everything you would see using the -d flag is already contained within the main.log file you uploaded.

It looks like the relevant error message in the log is:

:info:build configure: error: computing SEEK_CUR failed

Unfortunately, I don't know why computing SEEK_CUR failed. Several previous configure script runs in your log file show that it was able to determine that the value of SEEK_CUR is 1, so nothing should have needed to be computed.