qt4-mac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 2 02:56:35 PDT 2015

On Oct 1, 2015, at 11:38 PM, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:

> Error: qt4-mac does not currently build on OSX later than 10.10 'Yosemite'.
> Error: org.macports.fetch for port qt4-mac returned: unsupported platform
>
> Is this expected to be fixed,

OS X 10.11 El Capitan was only released a couple days ago. You should expect it to take a few weeks or months before most 10.11-related issues are fixed.

This issue is already filed in the issue tracker:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48129

It looks like the maintainer of qt4-mac uploaded a patch there 13 hours ago which might work.

> or do I have to build plain (x11-dependent) qt4, and all dependencies accordingly?

If you are referring to the qt4-x11 port, it is obsolete in the extreme and I doubt it works at all. It should be deleted.