Darwin Version

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 07:00:33 PDT 2015

I should note that that's just an example; libSystem has only changed that
way once, I think. But the same applies to other Apple-only frameworks,
which change more often and more radically. Apple also has no qualms about
removing old frameworks they don't care about any more, in which case your
old 10.5 programs relying on those frameworks *will* stop working (I think
they did that with QuickTime?).

Basically, if Apple cared they could make this stuff work. But they don't,
so migration becomes a major hassle.