pet project : LnxPorts

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:56:53 PDT 2015

On Wednesday October 07 2015 20:36:24 Sven Kolja Heinemann wrote:
>  ... I don't see why anyone would install something like this on a Linux distribution ...

That's fine, but I think you haven't read my full message, it should explain why I'm using MP to install certain things.

MP is not just a distribution system, it's also a programmatic build system that's much less rigid (certainly less complex) than Debuntu's equivalent. It also adds activation/deactivation and variants, which have no counterparts on any Linux distribution I am aware of, certainly not on Ubuntu.

Anyway, it's not my intention to tell anyone they ought to follow my lead, except *maybe* those who can relate to my motivations.

R.