Trace/BPT trap: 5 on Mac OS 10.9.2 Mavericks

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Oct 9 13:27:20 PDT 2015

Some binary (I don't know which because you cut that part off of the error message, either the executable itself or one of its libraries) has a load command that instructs dyld to load a file named libcfitsio.2.dylib relative to @rpath.  dyld looks at the binary's LC_RPATH load commands to determine where to look.  You can use 'otool -l' to see the binary's load commands to determine what those paths are.

The error message just indicates that dyld could not find a file named libcfitsio.2.dylib where it was instructed to look.