gpsd checksum issue?

William Parducci bill at parducci.net
Thu Oct 22 13:12:29 PDT 2015

> On Oct 22, 2015, at 11:19 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> This is the thread where there was no mention in the error message about having received an HTML file. Also, gpsd is not hosted on SourceForge. So we cannot yet answer any questions about why this particular checksum mismatch occurred.

In reading some of the other posts I tried looking in the “failed” source file:

$ cat gpsd-3.14.tar.gz
<?php
/**
 * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
 * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
 *
 * @package WordPress
 */

/**
 * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
 *
 * @var bool
 */
define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require('./wp-blog-header.php’);

+++

Looks like someone’s WordPress site was in an unhappy state for a while…