p5.16-libapreq2 won't reinstall after migration to El Capitan: configuring mod_perl2 +perl5_16 failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 28 23:09:24 PDT 2015

On Oct 28, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> OK, I'm trying to install p5.16-libapreq. Here's what I tried:
>
> (1) deactivated all versions of perl5 except perl5.16 @5.16.3_1
>
> (2) deactivate of mod_perl2 @2.0.8_2+perl5_20; uninstall mod_perl2 @2.0.8_2+perl5_16+perl5_20
>
> (3) install mod_perl2 @2.0.8_2+perl5_16, which gives configure failure:
>
> :notice:configure --->  Configuring mod_perl2
> :debug:configure Using compiler 'Xcode Clang'
> :debug:configure Executing org.macports.configure (mod_perl2)
> :info:configure Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
> :info:configure    MP_APXS = /opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs
> :info:configure no conflicting prior mod_perl version found - good.
> :info:configure [  error] Unable to determine server version, aborting.
> :info:configure [  error] Invalid MP_APXS specified?
> :info:configure Command failed: /opt/local/bin/perl5.16 Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs
>
> Now what?

It's not interesting to talk about the mod_perl2 or p5-libapreq ports in their current state because they're terribly broken because of this incorrect assumption about there existing only one version of perl. They need to be overhauled as previously discussed. If you must get them working in their current broken state, I believe we've gone through this before; you could search the list archives or issue tracker.