Upgrading GNUplot on Mavericks

Hinckley Dan dbh at suiattle.org
Sun Sep 13 10:31:33 PDT 2015

Doing “upgrade outdated” on Mavericks, and GNUplot 4.6.6_0 failed to upgrade to 5.0.1_1. The 5.x builds work fine on my Yosemite test machine.

I couldn’t find a ticket that seemed to explain what I found in the main.log, which is attached.

The error seems to be related to LUA but perhaps I don’t understand the log information well enough.

:info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
:info:build   "_luaL_checkint", referenced from:
:info:build       _LUA_GP_int_error in term.o
:info:build       _LUA_GP_int_warn in term.o
:info:build ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
:info:build clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Running on a late 2013 Retina MBP, 10.9.5

Dan Hinckley         ⎈
dbh at suiattle.org