Xcode 7.0?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Sep 18 08:15:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> No need for you to test anything. As I said before, OS X 10.11 requires
> Xcode 7. But this thread was started by someone on OS X 10.10, and I
> explained in my previous post why Xcode 7 on OS X 10.10 might be
> problematic, in ways that Xcode 7 on OS X 10.11 would not be
> problematic.

So, would I be correct in concluding that Apple just pushed out a public
release of Xcode (viz: 7) that may not be compatible with the current
public release of OS/X (viz: 10.10)?

I suppose, in a quantum sort of way, that that's taking security to the
limits :-)

Please note that I am *not* knocking the MacPorts bods; they do a great
job, in what I know is a difficult and thankless task.

 I'll support shark-culling when they have been observed walking on dry land.