Old port of libpng15.15 no longer available

Rehan Ali rehan at styloko.com
Wed Sep 23 09:21:32 PDT 2015

Hi, I'm trying to run some software which requires libpng15.15.dylib. I
currently have libpng16.16.dylib.

I found the old version in the revision log, and fetched it by

  cd /tmp
  svn checkout -r 104708
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/graphics/libpng
  cd png
  sudo port install

I got the following error. I've truncated most of the output, but basically
it looks like this port is no longer available on any of the targets that
macports queries.

=========
[snip]
:debug:fetch Fetching distfile failed: The requested URL returned error:
404 Not Found
:notice:fetch --->  Attempting to fetch libpng-1.5.15.tar.xz from
http://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng15/1.5.15
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/libpng
:debug:fetch Fetching distfile failed: The requested URL returned error:
404 Not Found
:error:fetch org.macports.fetch for port libpng returned: fetch failed
:debug:fetch Error code: NONE
:debug:fetch Backtrace: fetch failed
    while executing
"portfetch::fetchfiles"
    (procedure "portfetch::fetch_main" line 17)
    invoked from within
"portfetch::fetch_main org.macports.fetch"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $procedure $targetname"
:info:fetch Warning: targets not executed for libpng: org.macports.activate
org.macports.fetch org.macports.checksum org.macports.extract
org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:fetch Please see the log file for port libpng for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_private_tmp_libpng/libpng/main.log
=========

Is there any way to get a copy of this version?

I'm currently running OS/X Mavericks (10.10.5).

All the best,

Rehan