upgrade outdated fails for clang 3.6

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:11:20 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM, firetiti <firetiti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to do a « port selfudapte » followed by a « port upgrade outdated
> » and it failed during clang upgrade, because of a lack of space.
> Now I have plenty of space on my computer, but the « upgrade outdated »
> still fails for clang.

Your log file is not from a clean build. Please "sudo port clean clang-3.6"
and build again.

That said: this does not look like out of space to me.

:info:build ld: malformed archive TOC entry for
__ZN5clang14TypeLocBuilder4pushINS_22FunctionNoProtoTypeLocEEET_NS_8QualTypeE,
offset 251830784 is beyond end of file 115048448
:info:build  file
'/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_llvm-3.6/clang-3.6/work/build/Release+Debug/lib/libclangSema.a'
for architecture x86_64

This is a corrupt archive. But because this was not a clean build, it is
not possible to see what happened when the archive was built; the build
assumed that it completed successfully and then failed when the archive was
found to be invalid.