Checksum fail for ghostscript update

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Apr 1 09:02:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 10:11:52AM +0100, Peter Hancock wrote:
> Last night, sourceforge was returning an html file saying that SF was
> in "disaster recovery mode".  The checksum check baled out at this
> point.
>
> This morning, something a bit different is happening, but there's
> still a checksum issue.

That's https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51019. Upstream re-packaged the
files we downloaded, but they forgot to update the SHA1SUMS file, so I
did hold off accepting the change until they confirmed.

> I wonder whether there might be some way for macports to avoid the use
> of SF? Googling around, SF seems to have a pretty grubby reputation
> nowadays.

I agree, but we're not upstream developers. Please convince the people
that still use SF to move somewhere else.

--
Clemens