Anybody with 10.6.8 and Macports-built GCC 5.3.0 willing to upload its binaries?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 20 10:07:54 PDT 2016

On Apr 20, 2016, at 07:36, César wrote:

> If anybody runs OS X 10.6.8, and built GCC 5.3.0 with Macports, and could upload a DMG/Pkg of such 5.3.0 binaries (including requisites) to some server, it would be quite helpful for me at the moment.
>
> If not possible, don't worry, I'll set up everything for building it these weeks, but I'm on hard deadlines at the moment and it would be of great help.

We build binaries automatically for all ports where the licenses allow it. MacPorts will automatically use those binaries if available. Binaries for gcc5 for snow leopard are available.

They're not in pkg or dmg format for use outside of MacPorts, however. That would need to be manually created by someone if desired. But it would be easier or you to install MacPorts on the machine where you want to install gcc5, then use MacPorts to install gcc5.