lilypond configure failure

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Aug 11 06:11:58 PDT 2016

On 11 August 2016 at 03:42, Lenore Horner wrote:

> :info:configure ERROR: Please install required programs:
> /opt/local/bin/fontforge >= 20110222 (installed: 2016-08-10 21:14:00.539
> osascript[47227:131873)

This looks like a bug in lilypond that is checking for
    STEPMAKE_PATH_PROG(FONTFORGE, fontforge, REQUIRED, 20110222)

The version is MacPorts is 20120731, so the test should pass.

There's already a ticket for that:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49338

Weird enough the -devel version uses the same strategy, but it
installed just fine for me.

You could also ask for help on the lilypond list or perhaps switch to
macports-devel. And of course you can install the binary from upstream
as a temporary workaround. I guess that you could also remove that
check altogether (delete the relevant lines from configure) and try
again.

Mojca