Can't upgrade gtk3 as part of a "upgrade outdated", Segmentation fault?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 07:40:44 PDT 2016

I'll try later this afternoon to update my own gtk3 on the same system and let you know what happens.

Looks like it might be just your ld64* port that is dysfunctional - I suppose we could make up an example that tests the linker, like we did for clang, and see if that segfaults. Sorry I don't have time to create that right now.

I don't know if you can just uninstall and then reinstall ld64 to "short version"  the reinstall of what appears to be the faulty executable. I would probably try to see if I could do that, myself. I suspect the dependencies might prevent that.

I think ultimately you're into the reinstall of the tool chain that I described previously to fix the segfaulting ld64.

Having these as binaries that you could install rather than the 6 hour compiling process would make it less painful. I usually run it overnight (the clang and llvm parts take all the time). I know you have to "build from source" for this system at present (lots of talk about the buildbot coming soon, though).

You are coming through some 'real-world' issues that are helpful to figure out any inconsistencies in the system.

I hope this helps,

Ken