Can't upgrade gtk3 as part of a "upgrade outdated", Segmentation fault?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 28 01:44:10 PDT 2016

On Aug 27, 2016, at 12:41, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:

> So, after reinstalling Mac OS X as I did to get out of the startup crash as I did, even if ports stayed in place, I should re-perform the LibcxxOnOlderSystems steps?

In general, no, reinstalling the same version of macOS does not necessitate reinstalling MacPorts and your ports. However, the issues Mihai noted may require reinstalling the affected ports. I'm not an expert at reading crash logs so I can't say for certain why your crash occurred. I just know that when a crash occurs, you should provide the crash log so that someone who is more familiar might be able to help.