Mirroring and corporate firewall/proxy

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Dec 14 10:51:47 CET 2016

On 2016-12-14 11:14, Guillaume Lapierre wrote:
> I have a problem with my corporate firewall when I need to install "big"
> packages (for instance db48 which is 19,9 Mbits). My firewall/proxy (and
> I have no control over its configuration) do antivirus check on all
> downloads including over https. To do this the proxy download the
> package on its side, do the antivirus check and then if everything is
> fine send back the file to the client. During the download process it
> sends keep-alive packets. This means that the download rate at the
> begining is dropping very fast and, at the end, will increase with the
> whole file being send over the lan.
>
> This work in a browser environment but macport will switch from mirror
> to mirror before any of them has a chance to finish the download.

MacPorts drops the connection if the server sends less than 1 KB/s over
the time of 1 minute. These are hardcoded values:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/5a22d58/src/pextlib1.0/curl.c#L58-L59

> So I have two questions:
> - is there a way to disable mirroring?

There is no way to disable all mirrors. The options preferred_hosts and
host_blacklist in macports.conf can be used to configure preferred
mirrors or to avoid specific mirrors, respectively. However, I do not
think this would help in your case.

> - if not how can I manually copy the package file in the /opt filesystem
> in order to skip the fetch process?

You can copy the distfiles manually to the expected location:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#fetch-failures

Rainer