(OT?) Tweaking MySQL57

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Thu Dec 22 02:45:23 CET 2016

Hey folks,

I recently updated one of my servers to MySQL57.  Most of the sites on
the server are WordPress - everything is up to date. Most of the time
it's working fine, but a too large percentage of the time I'm getting
"Error establishing database connection".  A short time later it'll work
fine with no changes.  Traffic is not extreme.

So apparently some MySQL setting is not correct.  I tried to find a
place to adjust memory or thread count etc in my.cnf, but there was
pretty much nothing in that file.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong
place?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--