(OT?) Tweaking MySQL57

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 22 12:37:05 CET 2016

On Dec 21, 2016, at 20:45, Bill Christensen wrote:

> I recently updated one of my servers to MySQL57.  Most of the sites on the server are WordPress - everything is up to date. Most of the time it's working fine, but a too large percentage of the time I'm getting "Error establishing database connection".  A short time later it'll work fine with no changes.  Traffic is not extreme.
>
> So apparently some MySQL setting is not correct.  I tried to find a place to adjust memory or thread count etc in my.cnf, but there was pretty much nothing in that file.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place?
>
> Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

As I recall, the my.cnf file we ship has only one setting in it, because that's the only setting that differs from the defaults. You can add any other settings to the file if you want additional changes from the defaults. Consult MySQL documentation to learn what options are available.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/server-configuration-defaults.html