Macport outdated but not upgrade

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Feb 3 16:57:12 PST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 05:17:13PM -0600, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
> It seems that it is a unix sort issue.  Macports thinks that
> "@1.9.4~dev.beta1-13-g632349b_0” comes before
> "@1.9.4~dev-613-ga36a93f_0”  and therefore it think that I don’t have
> the newest version active (it happens to be wrong about that).

Yes. If the version number goes backwards according to MacPorts'
interpretation the epoch needs to be increased. Please contact whoever
provides the port and notify them about that.

> So, this “feature” is stopping the newest version from being
> installed.  One solution would be to delete all of my old versions,
> but I would prefer not to do that.  Is there any other way to tell
> macports to do the upgrade anyway?

You can use port -f upgrade $portname, which will always consider a port
outdated, regardless of the version number.

--
Clemens