Is there a good version of Time Machine?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Feb 22 05:11:28 PST 2016

On 2016-02-22 08:52, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> I ask because either it won't back up .dotfiles, or I've forgotten to
> click one of those box thingies...

They should have been backed up, but you might not see them in Finder
when browsing the backup directory without enabling hidden files.
Use these commands to do so:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles true
killall Finder

> Specifically, I want my Firefox config back.

On OS X, the Firefox configuration profiles are not in a hidden
directories, but they should be at:

~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox/

HTH,
Rainer