Questions for installing openmpi on Os X 10.9.5

Kulemin Alexander ltwolfik at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 24 23:28:38 PST 2016

I have macbook air 13 Mid 2013:
ltWolfer$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.9.5
BuildVersion:	13F1507

ltWolfer$ uname -a
Darwin MacBook-Air-Alexander.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Wed Mar 18 16:20:14 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2422.115.14~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Xcode version Version 6.2.

The version of macports, which i have used i don't know, because after i updated it (has to be 2.3.0?):

ltWolfer$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.3.1 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.3.4 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.3.4
Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as root:admin; permissions 0755

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated

I would like to compile and run some MPI programs on my macbook. To install mpi i did that:

ltWolfer$ sudo port install openmpi

The log, for the command i've attached (log.txt).

I have the following questions:
1) It have been installing for ~2 hours and took about 3-4 Gb on ssd, It's strange, why so much?
2) Can i revert this command? (return my disk space and other...)
3) Are there some light ways to support compiling and running mpi programs on my computer?
(for example on windows i have installed appropriate sdk for only a few seconds, and it took fewer 10 Mb)

Thanks in advance.

--
С уважением,
 Kulemin Alexander