el capitan

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Jan 27 09:49:22 PST 2016

Not in this case.

Macports makes use of the sandbox feature of Mac OS X to make it a little less likely that a poorly written Portfile (or upstream software build system) can cause unintended changes to your system.

The original poster is setting the error because 'javac' is trying to update the java usage tracker (https://docs.oracle.com/javacomponents/usage-tracker/overview/). There seems to be a java bug that causes the usage tracker folder to be created even if the usage tracker isn't enabled (https://community.oracle.com/thread/3783686?start=0&tstart=0)

This particular message is safe to ignore.

--
Daniel J. Luke