missing ports?

Ryan Williamson ryan_d_williamson at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 08:21:40 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm a fairly new user of MacPorts, so if this is a stupid question,
please excuse the newbie in the room.

On Friday of last week I had the list of available ports pulled up in
the 'amusements' category.
https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=amusements

On that day there were "tons" (yes - a very technical term) of different
ports listed, but today, I see only 2.
I know that for example, "agree", "chef", and "cowsay" were all listed,
but those are gone now.

Does that Ports list get updated from time to time?

The page also says:

"The MacPorts Project currently distributes 10812 ports, organized
across 73 different categories and available below for viewing. This
form allows you to search the MacPorts software index, last updated on
(unknown) at (unknown)."

Below the search by box is a link to view the complete port list.
Follow that link and it now says:

"The MacPorts Project currently distributes 20825 ports, organized
across 83 different categories and available below for viewing. This
form allows you to search the MacPorts software index, last updated on
2016-05-31 at 09:00:32 America/Los_Angeles."

So, it does indeed appear that the list was just updated, but why the
difference (10K vs 20K)

I do see that "agree", "chef", and "cowsay" are all listed in the
TracBrowser under textproc
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports?order=name#textproc

They still don't show up in the available ports list:
https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=textproc (note
textproc)

Thanks for helping out a rookie.

-Ryan