Trying to execute LibcxxOnOlderSytems (2nd ed.)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 12 05:39:38 PST 2016

> On Mar 11, 2016, at 11:33 PM, [ftp83plus] <gestos at ftp83plus.net> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> back after days of being unable to work on MacPorts.
>
> for revupgrade, I have, in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf:
>
> #revupgrade_autorun     yes
> #revupgrade_mode        rebuild
>
> So I don't think it it is the culprit.

The default is to rebuild. Rebuilding may be the problem. Set it to report instead and try again, after cleaning again.

> First step of Bug Reporting Guidelines:
> "Clean and try again:"
> FAILS
> Log is here: http://pastebin.com/HzyGx3ei

That log contains lines that say "Skipping completed". This means it was not a clean attempt. It could be that although you cleaned before trying again, rev-upgrade then tried to rebuild it again (uncleanly). That's why I suggest turning rev-upgrade off for a moment to test.