Who is maintaining Guile?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 20 23:49:36 PDT 2016

On Mar 20, 2016, at 5:02 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Whoever it is, could they either please fix it, or give it to someone who
> can?

According to "port info guile18", it has no maintainer.

> I don't even know what Guile is, but it's obviously a dependency of
> something here.

You can discover what installed ports depend on guile18 by running:

port installed depends:guile18

>    Error: org.macports.destroot for port guile18 returned: command execution
>    failed
>    Please see the log file for port guile18 for details:
>
>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_guile18/guile18/main.log
>    Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> I've already posted the log, so won't do so again.
>
> I dimly recall that something in a TeX manpage is broken, or something...

I guess this is the problem you previously reported:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48690

I cannot reproduce the problem, and our buildbot had no problem building binary packages for guile18 either:

https://packages.macports.org/guile18/?C=M;O=D

Have you deliberately disabled installing binary packages, or is there another reason why you are not receiving them?

I'm not sure why the port does not build for you. There must be some difference between your system and mine and the buildbot's. What version of makeinfo do you have? (Run "makeinfo --version")

> In the meantime, "port -p ..." is my friend.

Please don't use the "-p" flag when upgrading or installing a port, as it may defeat the purpose of the upgrade and may leave you with a set of installed ports that appear to be up to date but which are actually not.