Macports needs a little marketing ....

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 6 02:42:38 CET 2016

We do need to market ourselves a bit better, and that includes redesigning our web presence, which I plan to do once the migration off of macOS forge is completed.

We did already years ago add a feature to MacPorts that lets users opt-in to submitting information about which ports they install to a central server, so that we might learn which ports are popular. But the server side component was never set up at macOS forge. We might want to revive that, and put it on our new server, and think about how it might be integrated into the web site.