Error installing new MacPorts base

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:02:13 CET 2016

> On 21 Nov 2016, at 09:59, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-11-21 10:39, Barrie Stott wrote:
>> -----
>> Password:
>> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
>> MacPorts base version 2.3.4 installed,
>> MacPorts base version 2.3.5 downloaded.
>> --->  Updating the ports tree
>> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.3.5
>> Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as gbs:admin; permissions 0755
>>
>> Error: Error installing new MacPorts base: command execution failed
>> Please run `port -v selfupdate' for details.
>> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: command execution failed
>> -----
>>
>> I ran ‘sudo port -v selfupdate’ and the result is in the attachment. I have no idea how to proceed so I am asking for help and will be pleased for any suggestions regarding what to do next.
>
> The error is:
>
> Maybe you have not accepted the Xcode license
> terms.

That was the problem! I now get:

-----
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.3.4 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.3.5 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.3.5
Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as gbs:admin; permissions 0755

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
-----

I do apologise. I had no idea that I had not accepted the Xcode licence and I’m very grateful for the help, Rainer.
No reply is needed; I feel I’ve used up enough good will!

Barrie.