MacPorts question

mf2k at macports.org mf2k at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 17:13:25 CEST 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 8:18 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 9:15 AM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>
>> On Oct 7, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I was using nginx when I was encountering these problems.
>>
>> I just installed and “load”ed nginx and added a firewall rule for it. It survived reboot for me!
>
> Does it survive upgrading (or downgrading) nginx?

I won’t know until it gets updated next. In any event, I don’t think it is an issue. I think when you are updating the port, you should relaunch the startupitem as part of that upgrade process. What if the startupitem changed? We can know as Macports committers, but normal users generally will not know. So it is best practice to do such.

Cheers!
Frank