10.6.8 and ffmpeg

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:37:05 CET 2016

On 2016-10-31, at 2:28 AM, René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> Probably an open door, possibly a forbidden one: it may be relevant here to
> block concerned ports at the latest supported version for legacy platforms?

Although I think not needed for libsdl2 (which builds and works without issue on 10.6.8), this idea is a good one, needed, and in fact was about the first post I ever made on macports.

(trac is down again, or I'd reference the post from about June).

A collection of ports pegged to the 'last working' version is absolutely needed to make macports work on 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6.

One Raimue explained how to do this, I set this up for my own use a while back, and shared it on github for others to use:

https://github.com/ken-cunningham-webuse/TigerPorts
https://github.com/ken-cunningham-webuse/LeopardPorts
https://github.com/ken-cunningham-webuse/SnowLeopardPorts

These are three shadow repos for such 'last known working' ports for these systems (and also a few fixes to allow some ports to work on these os versions that were never accepted into svn for one reason or another).

Ken