command not found

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 2 07:08:21 PDT 2016

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 9:05 AM, Ignatios Athanasiadis <ignathanas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The files, /opt/local and /opt/local/var/macports/software exist and when I run echo $PATH it includes the path /opt/local/bin.

Ok, that's good.

> However, the file /opt/local/bin/port does not exist.

Not sure why the MacPorts program itself got deleted. You could restore it from your backups, or run our installer again.

> Also when I used to run open whatever.pdf file a pdf file would open. Is this a macports related problem as well?

Yes, that's normal macOS behavior. You say that used to happen... what happens now?

/usr/bin/open is a command provided by macOS. If that's no longer there, then you have bigger problems, and should reinstall macOS.