MySQL #2002 - No such file or directory

Ignatios Athanasiadis ignathanas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:49:05 PDT 2016

Hello,

Thank you for the information.
Are you referring to a mysql.sock or a mysqld.sock file?
The problem was that there was no mysql.sock file anyware in my computer.
The only socket file I could find was a mysqld.sock one.
To generate the mysql.sock, I included the code below in the my.cnf file.

[client]
port=3306
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld]