MacPorts missing links

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Sep 11 01:13:12 PDT 2016

> On 10 Sep 2016, at 23:05, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

…snip...
> "port select --summary" reports as "none" in that case because the file describing the previously selected option was removed and therefore is not a valid setting. More to the point, if the options do not include a MacPorts-installed one, then you can safely assume you do not have any related port installed. For reference, your summary reports only one setting for which a MacPorts port is installed: llvm 3.5 (mp-llvm-3.5) for llvm.

For those few interested in this thread, and who have not followed so far, the relevant line of output from
“port select —summary” was
> llvm       none      mp-llvm-3.5 none

I think that this is a either a bug in “port select —summary” or a misinterpretation of the output from
“port select —summary”.

In contrast, here is what “port installed” thinks:
> port installed mp-livm-3.5
gives
> None of the specified ports are installed.

I checked with unix:
> sudo find /opt/local -name "*livm*" -print
gave a null response, so this isn’t even a broken symlink

If I was more confident, I would submit a bug report. If someone else feels like doing this, I can cooperate by running other commands on my system and reporting the results to the “someone else”.

David Epstein