MacPorts missing links

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Sun Sep 11 05:24:13 PDT 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 3:40 AM, David Epstein <David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 10 Sep 2016, at 23:10, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
>
> … snip …

>>> I think so. The ls -l command above does not find /opt/local/bin/python*, except for symbolic links.
>>> What port command could I give to make sure?
>>
>> "port installed python27 and active”
>
> Confusingly this gets an answer that is readily misinterpreted, namely
>> None of the specified ports are installed.
>
> In contrast
>> port installed python27
>
> does not (inadvertently) deceive: it gives
>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>  python27 @2.7.11_2

Sorry, I haven’t followed the whole thread but the part about ‘port installed’ caught my eye.  On my system:

$ port installed python27
  python27 @2.7.10_2
  python27 @2.7.10_3
  python27 @2.7.11_0
  python27 @2.7.12_1 (active)

I have four versions of python27 installed but (sensibly) only one is active.  I interpret the output from your system to mean that you had python27 installed and active but now it is not active.  Probably because of a command like ‘sudo port deactivate python27 @2.7.12_1’.

You should be able to get your python back with ‘sudo port activate python27 @2.7.11_2’.

HTH

Craig