macOS Sierra / 10.12 support - where are we?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Sep 20 16:14:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

(re-sending from subscribed address)

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 07:30:04PM +0000, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) wrote:
> Where is the MacPorts project concerning supporting macOS Sierra? The
> main page doesn't mention it but I have to assume at least some users
> have been testing MacPorts against the betas...? ETA for formal
> support?

An installer package of 2.3.4 for Sierra has been built, but isn't
available on our main mirrors yet. I expect this to happen in the next
few days as soon as Ryan has time.

A buildbot for Sierra has been set up a couple of days ago and has
already been building binary packages; note that the full set of ports
has not been built yet, so binary availability may be spotty, but should
improve over the coming weeks.

HTH,
--
Clemens