building from source with libc++

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 8 01:27:35 UTC 2017

On Apr 1, 2017, at 09:35, db wrote:

> Could someone from MP team shed some light on this, please?

All of MacPorts is on a best-effort basis. There is no guarantee of anything. Most of us are volunteers working on MacPorts in our spare time on whatever limited set of hardware we happen to have at hand.

MacPorts base runs on 10.4 and later.

Individual ports may run on some subset of OS versions.

In general, it is more likely that ports will work on newer OS versions than older, because that's what most MacPorts maintainers and upstream developers have.