building from source with libc++

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 09:36:20 UTC 2017

On 8 Apr 2017, at 03:27, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2017, at 09:35, db wrote:
>> Could someone from MP team shed some light on this, please?
> All of MacPorts is on a best-effort basis. There is no guarantee of anything. Most of us are volunteers working on MacPorts in our spare time on whatever limited set of hardware we happen to have at hand.

Thanks for explaining that.

Back to libc++. Mojca suggested:
On 3 Apr 2017, at 18:09, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> Basically yes. You could follow point 3 of https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Is the script from 3.e. relevant if no particular variants were installed? I ask because I probably won't automate the whole process as I might have to check some firewall rules manually and could compile parallel to other tasks, starting with the ports I use most.