qt5-qtenginio is obsolete

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 18 11:34:00 UTC 2017

> On Apr 17, 2017, at 20:27, Fielding, Eric J (329A) <eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
> I might have missed something in the last few months, but I didn’t find a mention of this.
>
> I did a “port upgrade outdated” after a month or two, and I got this error message:
>
> Error: qt5-qtenginio is obsolete; please uninstall it.
> Error: Failed to configure qt5-qtenginio: obsolete port
>
> I did as it suggested and uninstalled the port despite the dependency
> sudo port uninstall qt5-qtenginio
> Password:
> Note: It is not recommended to uninstall/deactivate a port that has dependents as it breaks the dependents.
> The following ports will break: qt5 @5.6.2_0
> Continue? [y/N]: Y
> Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
> --->  Deactivating qt5-qtenginio @5.6.2_0
> --->  Cleaning qt5-qtenginio
> --->  Uninstalling qt5-qtenginio @5.6.2_0
> --->  Cleaning qt5-qtenginio
>
> Then I re-installed qt5 to try to fix the dependencies:
>
> sudo port install qt5
> --->  Computing dependencies for qt5
> --->  Cleaning qt5
> --->  Updating database of binaries
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> --->  Found 49 broken files, matching files to ports
> --->  Found 4 broken ports, determining rebuild order
> You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
> The following ports will be rebuilt:
> py27-pyqt5 @5.8.1
> webkit-gtk3 @2.4.11+video
> webkit2-gtk @2.14.2+gtk2+x11
> texlive-bin @2016+x11
> Continue? [Y/n]: y
>
> Is this the correct procedure? Seems to be working (although taking a while to compile webkit2-gtk).

qt5-qtenginio is obsolete and should be uninstalled.

Your old version of qt5 still depended on it. If you had first upgraded qt5 to the latest version, 5.7.1, it would no longer have depended on it and you could have uninstalled it without issue.

Your transcript shows that when you told MacPorts to install qt5, it did nothing, which means qt5 was already installed at the latest version. Are you sure your ports are up to date? Have you run `sudo port selfupdate` lately? Do you have any local portfiles that override any of the official portfiles? What is the output of `port installed name:qt5`?

webkit2-gtk does take hours to build; that's normal enough.

You shouldn't have had to recompile anything, because nothing should have been broken. Some ports may be broken because you have an older version of qt5, and that problem would go away if you properly upgrade qt5.