building from source with libc++

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 08:13:45 UTC 2017

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/XcodeVersionInfo

>> 2. properly setting the standard c++ library.
>
> I'm now always building from source with libc++.
>
> If I change compiler, what are the odds that I run into some other oddities with the installed ports built with the default compiler?

You would run into problems if you installed/built existing ports
against libstdc++ and want to build everything against libc++ from now
on. In that case you should start from scratch and follow migration
instructions.

If you don't change the stdlib (as in your case), then it doesn't
matter which compiler is being used.

Mojca