building from source with libc++

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:51:40 UTC 2017

On 19 Apr 2017, at 10:59, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> You cannot really compare the stock LLVM/Clang releases to the Apple versions.

I read https://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler and this comment from Rainer, I guess, https://superuser.com/a/130474 and thus I'm not quite sure if this change would not open another can of worms.

Re the exact port, I suppose it'd be clang-3.9 or clang-4.0 and configure it with clang_select? I couldn't find an option in macports.conf yet, neither in the file itself, nor somewhere else mentioned.